TH42 Deacon’sDove The original silver Deacon’s jewel c1813 from Lodge No. 12
Lodge No. 12 is The Lodge of Fortitude and Old Cumberland is one of the original four “Time Immemorial” lodges which formed the Premier Grand Lodge in 1717. It was numbered 12 after the two rival Grand Lodges were amalgamated in 1813 when the office of Deacon was first introduced into “Moderns” lodges.
The jewel has LODGE XII inscribed on the back in the typical script of 1780-1830.
It has two “Barley Sugar twist” bars for suspending from a collar and tests for silver.
A beautiful and rare early Georgian jewel.