A Victorian Past Master’s jewel from Sackville Lodge No. 1619, circe 1890.
The lodge was formed in 1876, and meets at the Masonic Hall, St. James Road, East Grinstead, Sussex.
Made in hallmarked silver by G. Kenning and Sons, the bars are also stamped silver and G. Kenning and Sons. Although Victorian, the jewel was re-presented in 1942-3 to Bro. A. H. Stedman, the original inscription being erased.
The jewel has a London hallmark, the exact date being unclear. It comes with a box, and is made in silver-gilt, enamel and glass, with a gold centre.
Past Master’s jewels in this style and age are extremely scarce.