TH601-1790 An extremely scarce very large early George III pierced Royal Arch member’s jewel hallmarked 1790.
John Payne opened a silversmith and jewelers shop in Wallingford in 1790, the same year that he manufactured the royal arch jewel.
The jewel was later re-presented to Comp.William Parsons in 1893.
The business is still run by the 8th generation of the Payne family.
Fully hallmarked silver-gilt for 1790.